Asphalt Paving Level 1
APAV.L1 - Tallahassee
- 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Tallahassee -Leon County Public Works
- 2280 Miccosukee Road
Tallahassee, Florida 32308
- Jim Warren
- 6 PDHs
One day's instruction of roadway practices to assure that test results used for quality control, verification, dispute resolution and acceptance of asphalt pavements are performed in accordance with the standard test methods. CTT will provide all materials required for this course, including the manual (distributed at sign-in) and everything needed for proficiency practice and testing.
To receive this qualification, trainees must...
- Pass the Asphalt Paving Level 1 written examination.
- Pass the Asphalt Paving Level 1 proficiency examination.
- Note! The requirement to pass both exams applies to both initial and re-qualifications as of May 1st, 2006.
The course itself is not required, but recommended. At a mere $25 additional investment, trainees are much more likely to pass the exams. Taking a fully instructed course once is far less expensive than two or three exam-only attempts.
This qualification also applies to another FDOT qualification as follows:
- Asphalt Paving Level 2 (APAV.L2): Trainees not currently qualified for APAV.L2 will need to pass the Asphalt Paving Level 1 written exam for initial qualification. If a trainee is currently APAV.L2 qualified and seeks re-qualification, the APAV.L1 written exam is not required again.
- ASTM D3665, FM 1-T168, SSRBC Section 334: Practice for Random Sampling of Construction Materials
- FM 1-T168, SSRBC Sections 330 and 334: Core Sampling and Temperature Measurement
- FM 5-509: Rolling Straight Edge
Payment for registrations must be either by credit card at time of registration or by check within 10 days of the session start date. Alterations made to the registration within 7 days of the start date may be subject to fees in accordance with CTT policies. See our policy statements page for more information.
Full Course with exam is one (1) days.
|Day 1||7:30AM - 8:00AM||Sign-In|
|Day 1||8:00AM - 12:00PM||Instruction (half day)|
||12:30PM - Finish
||Written and Proficiency Examinations
Start-times are consistent. End-times may vary depending on instruction required and class-size. This session's exam time may vary due to post-lunch review, but those registered as exam-only attendees should still arrive at 12:30 PM.
This course has reached capacity. Online registration is no longer available.