Be aware of the risk of chain saw injury during tree removal. Each year, approximately 36,000 people are treated in hospital emergency departments for injuries from using chainsaws. The potential risk of injury increases after hurricanes and other natural disasters, when chainsaws are widely used to remove fallen or partially fallen trees and tree branches. This informative class is safety oriented, is in the field and is open to everyone. A limited number of hands-on slots are available. You will learn the correct way to remove/cleanup fallen trees safely and the proper use of all safety equipment. You will cleanup a fallen tree during this exercise.
- Bring your chainsaw and have us look at it for any potential problems.
- This is a very popular class, and we can not overload the training to be effective, so register early.
- This workshop includes a Chainsaw Safety portion.
- OSHA procedures and PPE will be emphasized.
- $250 per person for public agency personnel
- $350 per person for private agency personnel
Safety and hands-on length varies with skill level
0 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
0 Continuing Education Credits (CEUs)